Milo Aquatics Coordinator
Community Engagement Officer
Hours of Work:
35 Hours per Week
Days and Weekends
Milo Aquatics Coordinator
Yarmouth Recreation provides recreation programming and services for the residents of both the Town of Yarmouth and the Municipality of Yarmouth. Yarmouth Recreation is given direction and recommendations from the Recreation Committee. Yarmouth Recreation continuously strives to improve the quality and condition of our facilities, increase the availability of recreation and leisure programming for area residents, and ensure optimal customer service.
Yarmouth Recreation is searching for a dynamic, organized, and energetic individual to assist in the coordination and supervision of summer day camp programs, special events, and activities. Recreation is the experience that results from freely chosen participation in physical, social, intellectual, creative, and spiritual pursuits that enhance individual and community well-being.
The Milo Coordinators will be the team responsible for the day-to-day operations of an aquatic boat rental shop. Milo Coordinators will be expected to administer aquatic programs, provide kayak/canoe rentals, perform safety inspections, and custodial work, and ensure the building security of the facility. Milo coordinators are an essential front-line team dedicated to customer service in a multi-tasked environment.
Desired Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Completed or enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Previous experience working with children.
- First Aid CPR Level C is an asset.
- Cheerful, reliable, and customer service oriented when working alone or within our team.
- Experience working with persons living with differing abilities is an asset.
- Must have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs for equipment transfer and set up (adaptions will be accepted).
- Experience managing teams, coaching, work in small groups.
- Experience planning and organizing daily activities with youth, children, and teens.
- Experience with program promotion, marketing, and social media campaigns.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifying and confirming all resources required for the program, including equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and/or certification in waterfront activities such as watercraft operations, lifeguarding, canoe/kayaking, or sailing.
- Provide supervision to Milo program participants.
- Maintain excellent customer relations with Milo, program participants, parents, and general users.
- Work with other Milo staff to coordinate special events, daily activities, and summer programs.
- Provide a secure and safe environment, ensuring the facility is kept clean and maintained on a daily basis.
- Promptly report any equipment damage or facility maintenance issues to the Facilities Coordinator.
- Purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Adhere to the event’s budget.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the recreation department.
- Ensure all waivers and forms are completed prior to the start of a program.
- Handle cash payments and maintain up-to-date records for the participants of each program.
- Responsible to work with the Community Engagement Officer to develop promotions for their program through social media posts, radio interviews, tv, newspapers, posters, brochures, school visitations, and other mixed media forms.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out at the highest standard.
- Ensuring the safety of all activities and their participants.
- Ensure the first aid kit is ready and available at all times.
- Adhering to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Reporting any problems, concerns, criticisms, and compliments to the Community Engagement Officer.
The Milo Aquatics Coordinator will be responsible to perform all duties as listed and other duties as requested by the Community Engagement Officer and/or Director of Yarmouth Recreation.
Please submit your cover letter with the position you are applying for, if applying for multiple please indicate your preferences for positions along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call us at 902-742-8868.