Thursday, January 12th at Salle Père-Maurice-LeBlanc in Tusket, NS
Doors open at 6:30 PM; the Ceremony starts at 7:00 PM
A team shall be recognized if they have achieved one of the following:
- First place in a Provincial Championship
- Placed First, Second or Third at an Atlantic, National or International sanctioned
- Championship, provided that the team qualified for the said championship
An individual athlete shall be recognized if they have achieved one of the following:
- 1st, 2nd, or 3rd provincial placing in any sport
An athlete from Yarmouth County on a Provincial Championship team representing an area of the province outside of Yarmouth County.
- Representative on a provincial team that goes to an Atlantic, National or International Championship.
- Individuals from outside Yarmouth County who participated on a Yarmouth team that won Provincials and/or went on to a Regional and/or National Championship
- Participated on a University or College team that won the Atlantic Championship and/or participated in a National Championship
- Finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a University or College Individual Sport at the Provincial or Atlantic Championship or participated at a National Championship
An official shall be recognized if they have officiated at the Regional, Provincial, University/College, Atlantic, National, or International Championship level.
*For the purposes of these criteria “Regional” shall mean Atlantic provinces, Maritimes, or other geographical regions greater than the province of Nova Scotia.
In certain cases, if an Athlete, Coach, Official or Volunteer is recognized as outstanding at the Provincial or National level, a Yarmouth County Athletic Award may be presented in recognition for their achievement.
For the purposes of these criteria, Championships must be sanctioned by a Provincial or National Sport Governing body recognized as such by the Yarmouth County Tri-Municipal Recreation Committee.
The committee agrees that the following shall be included in these criteria:
- Special Olympics
- Acadian Games
- Canadian Council of the Blind
- School, University, or College Sport Governing Bodies
- Member organizations of Sport Nova Scotia
- National Sport Governing Bodies