Squeeze up some SLIME!
The After the Bell crew have a few favorite ways to make slime; one safe way is this glue recipe:
- 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda
- 1 TBSP of Contact Solution
- 4 fl oz Elmer’s White school glue (We have used clear glue too to give different effects)
- Your choice of food coloring plus you can add glitter, foam bits, etc
- Find a bowl, cup, or plate to mix your slime in.
- Pour out the entire contents of a 4oz of Elmer’s school glue into the bowl.
- Add ½ TBSP of baking soda and mix.
- After mixing, add your choice of food coloring.
- Mix and/or add more food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Add 1 TBSP of Contact solution.
- Mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix.
- Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands.
- If needed, add ¼ TBSP Contact solution to make the slime less sticky.
Each day from December 12 – 24, Yarmouth Recreation will share an activity through our website, Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Join in on your favorite channel. For every comment about the activity, we will put your name in a draw for a family fun prize pack valued at $100. If you share/tag us in an image of you and your family doing an activity, you will get 5 prize entries that day! Enter as often as you wish and for as many days as you can! Contest closes December 31st at midnight.